Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reflections on the AIC

The Art Institute of Chicago is a great place to spend your spare time.  The museum is cool and enjoyable.  I learned on their web site that the museum has more than 4,000 sculptures and 5,000 paintings in its collection.  I still remember the fist time I visited the AIC, I spent the whole afternoon there and couldn't finish viewing the entire collection.  I enjoyed the time there on Wednesday.  This time I revisited some paintings that I really liked from the last time I visited.  I also learned more about George Seurat's pointillist painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte.  The group discussion gave us a different perspective when looking at the paintings.  Also, each group's presentation was fun and brought out a different point of view about the art.

1 comment:

  1. It also showed how difficult it actually is to talk about art!

    ReplyDelete